Auto-Muting of Commercials of Online Radio Sites Using XMMS
I got sick of listening to the same three commercials over and over and
over again on DI.FM so I coded this up so that XMMS would automute
when certain "songs" come on. These songs happen to be the commercials.
- Patch xmms Song Change plugin to register changes in title.
When streaming the song in the playlist doesn't change, only the title
This Patch to the
Song Change plugin will do that. Recompile XMMS.
- Make sure the Streaming titles are turned on in
Preferences -> Input Plugins ->
libmpg123 -> Streaming
- Download this automute Perl script
Edit it and add the songs you want to skip (you'll figure it out).
Make sure you chmod +x xmms_automute
A new file ~/.xmms_song.log will be created for debug purposes
- Setup the Song Change plugin in "General Plugins"
Change the command to /path/to/xmms_automute "%s"
Check "Enable Plugin"
- DONATE TO THE ONLINE RADIO STATION. A bit hypocritcal, perhaps,
but commercials are what keep them on the air.